Terms & Conditions:
1. Entire Agreement: This agreement contains the entire understanding between Mrs B’s
Cakery and the Client. It replaces all prior agreements between the Parties. The only way to amend this Agreement is to do so in writing (providing the document is signed and received within 3 months
of the event date for weddings).
2. Clients Order: the cake is described in the Order Details. Any samples, drawings,
descriptive matter or advertising issued by Mrs B’s Cakery and any descriptions of the cake or illustrations or descriptions of the cake contained in Mrs B’s Cakery’s catalogues or brochures are
issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the cakes described in them. They shall not form part of this Agreement or have any contractual force.
3. Pre-Event Consultation: The parties agree to a preliminary consultation, either in
person, by telephone or by e-mail before the event date in order to ascertain and confirm the design details and the prices to be charged. The consultation should take place at least 90 days before
the event where possible. Consultations are only held for wedding orders and large celebration cakes of three tiers and over.
4. Wedding Quote: The Client will receive a quote for all items discussed. The quote shows
costs pertaining to the order but excluding delivery unless the exact distance is known at the time of the quote. Each design is individually calculated to provide the most accurate quote based on
the order content and the skilled time element involved in making each design. Any quotation given by Mrs B’s Cakery shall not constitute an offer, and is only valid for a period of 10 Business Days
from its date of issue.
5. Deposit: A Deposit of 50% is required to reserve your order. The Deposit is applied
towards the contracted order and is deducted from the final invoice. If the Deposit is not received within 10 days the booking will be deemed cancelled and the date will be released back to the
6. Reservation: Upon receipt of the deposit, Mrs B’s Cakery will reserve the event date.
The Deposit is non-refundable, even if the date is changed or the event cancelled for any reason, including acts of God, fire strike and/or extreme weather.
7. Hiring of Additional Items: If additional items are being hired from Mrs B’s Cakery such
as stands, bases and separators a security deposit will be required in addition to any cost of hiring the items. The security deposit will be returned within 10 working days of the event provided
there are no breakages, loss or theft of products hired.
8. Returning Additional Items: All additional items hired from Mrs B’s Cakery are to be
returned within 5 working days of the event date. If the Client is unable to return the item(s) within this time scale a designated person must do so on behalf of the Client. There is a £20.00 per
day late payment fee for any hired items that are not returned to Mrs B’s Cakery by the required date of hire return.
9. Payment of the Balance: The Balance is due 4 weeks prior to the event date (one week for
celebration cakes). It is the Clients responsibility to provide the payment within the agreed time. If the Balance has not been paid within the agreed time limit the booking will be deemed to have
been cancelled and the date will be released back to the general public.
10. Method of Payment: Payment may be made by cash or BACS. Mrs B’s Cakery will not provide
any services until your payment is approved by our financial institution
11. Delivery: Mrs B’s Cakery will provide delivery of all ordered items. Mrs B’s Cakery is
not responsible for incorrect delivery times or locations given to us by the Client. Delivery charges vary according to mileage and distance of the delivery location. Delivery of the cake shall be
completed on the completion of unloading of the cake at the Delivery Location. The risk in the Goods shall pass to the Customer on completion of delivery. Mrs B’s Cakery cannot be held responsible
for any destruction of said cake or products once they are in the care of the Client.
12. Set-up: Mrs B’s Cakery requires at least one hour setting up all ordered items. This
ensures that there is an appropriate amount of time to arrange the cake before guests arrive. The Client agrees to ensure that a suitable display/serving table is available. Cakes are heavy and a
sturdy table is required. Optimal room temperature is up to 72 degrees Fahrenheit.
13. Delivery Confirmation: In the event that the Client will not be available during the
delivery they will be responsible for having a designated person meet Mrs B’s Cakery at the venue. This person will be required to sign a confirmation that the cake has been received. This is to
ensure that all items delivered are accounted for.
14. Collection: If the Client or their representative elects to collect and set up the
order, the Client assumes all liability and responsibility for the condition of the order after it leaves Mrs B’s Cakery’s possession.
15. Completion Schedule: All ordered items will be delivered or collected at the date and
time agreed upon between the Client and Mrs B’s Cakery. Mrs B’s Cakery cannot be held responsible for any changes that are not made known.
16. Changes to orders: The final date for any changes to the Client’s order is the date of
the due date for payment of the Balance. Any changes must be submitted in writing and is a request only. Any alteration will be confirmed in writing by Mrs B’s Cakery. If the alteration affects the
agreed price, Mrs B’s Cakery reserved the right to increase the price.
17. Right of withdrawal: Discovery of new information, changes to agreed circumstances or
other factors which tends to circumvent its policies may result in its withdrawal. Non co-operation, changes in locations, facilities or available times, missed appointments, non-confirmation of
quote acceptance and late payments are examples of contributing factors. Should Mrs B’s Cakery initiate the withdrawal, all fees will be returned, excluding the Booking Fee, as well as fair market
value for all services / products already provided.
18. Cancellation: Mrs B's Cakery offers a bespoke service and is therefore limited in how
many bookings are taken for any given week. If the Client cancels the order at short notice (3 months for weddings, x for celebrations) it is unlikely that the cancelled space will be filled snd
therefore the following cancellation charges will apply. Cancellations MUST be in writing:
- 1 month or less - 100% of balance
- 1-3 months - 50% of balance
- 3 months or more - loss of deposit
- Celebration cakes - cancellation before payment of the balance will result in loss of the deposit. Cancellation after payment of the
balance will result in loss of the full balance.
19. Image Release: The Client grants Mrs B’s Cakery the right to photograph the Client’s
order and to use any photographs for promotional purposes without compensation to the Client.
20. Third Parties: In the very unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other
emergencies, it may be necessary to retain an alternative Cake Designer. Mrs B’s Cakery will make every effort to secure a replacement cake designer able and / or willing to provide similar products
and services as chosen in this contract at the same / similar tariff. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return
of all payments received for the event.
21. Limit of Liability: Mrs B’s Cakery will take the utmost care with respect to design,
transportation and delivery of your cake. The limit of liability shall not exceed the contract price stated in this contract. Mrs B’s Cakery is only held liable for the items and services listed in
this contract. Mrs B’s Cakery cannot be held liable for emotional, physical or financial distress due to any unforeseen circumstances that may present themselves. Items outside of this contract are
the responsibility and liability of the Client.
22. Fresh flowers: If flowers are provided by another supplier Mrs B’s Cakery will arrange
these on the Client’s cake if part of the agreed design. The Client acknowledges that fresh flowers are not a food product and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt and other
23. Performance: Performance of this agreement is contingent on the Client’s adherence to
the agreement and is subject to accidents; acts of God or any other circumstances or causes beyond reasonable control.
24. Price Amendments: Prices are valid from 1st January to 31st December each year and are
subject to change without notice.
25. Refunds: Refunds are given only in exceptional circumstances as deemed appropriate by
Mrs B’s Cakery.
26. Allergies: Mrs B’s Cakery products may contain or come into contact with: milk; eggs;
wheat; nuts; soya and other allergens (unless specified otherwise). The Client agrees to communicate this risk to their guests. Mrs B’s Cakery accepts no liability for allergic reactions of the
Client or their parties.